sometimes often drink boxed wines in this house. Yes, it's true. I have even been known to serve it to guests. I refuse to hang my head in shame! I will stand tall and proud and announce to the world, or at least those who read my blog, that we like boxed wine. It is not the boxed wine of past that was filled with second rate product.
The boxed wines of today are premium wines at a reasonable price. Each box contains approximately 4 bottles of wine. This makes it perfect for large gatherings but it also makes it perfect if it is just the two of you, as it is so often here at our house. The wine is sealed in a bag that shrinks as you use it, keeping air from getting to the wine. This means that the wine is always fresh, each time you pour a glass. Being everyday wine drinkers, this makes sense for us because we can buy a box and drink from it for the entire week for a fraction of the cost of opening a new bottle of wine each night.
I made this seasonal quiche using Spring vegetables for Brunch Week and shared the recipe with you yesterday. What I didn't share was that when Frank and I had this quiche for a Meatless Monday Meal we also enjoyed a glass (or two) of Vin Vault Chardonnay. The Chardonnay perfectly complemented this light, veggie filled, dinner.
When Gwen of Wine Predator invited us to pair a wine with brunch offerings, I immediately remembered this meal and decided to share my dirty little secrets LOL. You want to hear another secret? The crust for this quiche was from a refrigerated package. I'm going to lose my credibility as a food and wine lover if I keep fessing up all my secrets!!
Not to worry though because life is way to short to be a food and wine snob. Instead, please drop in unexpectedly and allow me to entertain you. There is always cheese in the refrigerator, crackers in the cupboard and wine in the box. Cheers!!
More Wonderful Brunch Pairings
- Wendy from A Day in the Life on the Farm will post “My Choice for a Casual, Relaxed Brunch……comes in a box!! #WinePW”
- Cindy from Grape Experiences is posting “Let’s Do Brunch with Blinis and Bellinis”
- Camilla from Culinary Adventures with Camilla is pairing “Blueberries and Bubbles: Mustikkakeitto + Elderflower-Prosecco Cocktail“
- Michelle of Rockin’ Red Blog asks “Bubbles for Breakfast? It Must Be Brunch!“
- Lori from Dracaena Wines is sharing “When You Don’t Want a Typical Quiche for Your #WinePW Brunch””
- Jill from L’occasion has a few “Fresh American Wines for Brunch.”
- David from Cooking Chat has “Kale Pesto Grilled Cheese with a Rosé”
- Jeff of Food Wine Click suggests you “Add a Little Sparkle to Your Brunch.”
- Lauren the Swirling Dervish says that "Spring Brunch: A Trio of Salads with Fresh Wines to Match
- Gwen and Sue of Wine Predator is sharing "May There Be Bubbles for Brunch! Plus Negronis, Strata for #WinePW