Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Thai Noodle Salad

Tomorrow I am sharing another BBQ Week recipe with you but today? Today I am sharing the side dish that I made to go with it, a Thai Noodle Salad.


This quick and easy salad is wonderful.  I couldn't get enough of it and I can't wait to make it again.  I had it for dinner with Asian Inspired Pork Kebabs that I will be sharing with you tomorrow. Then I had it as a snack that night while watching tv.  The next day, I had it for lunch and was very disappointed when it was all gone.


It is chock full of fresh veggies, lightly dressed with Thai Flavors and then sprinkled with crushed dry roasted peanuts.


This was the perfect accompaniment to the kebabs and would be delicious with any grilled meat or even as a light Meatless meal.  It is going to be made again and again in this household.

Thai Noodle Salad
adapted from MyRecipes

8 oz. angel hair pasta, cooked per package directions
handful of cilantro leaves
2 cloves garlic
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
juice of large lime
1 T. soy sauce
1 T. tangerine honey
1 1/2 t. sesame oil
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 of an English cucumber, thinly sliced
2 carrots, scraped and grated
1 c. finely shredded Napa cabbage
5-6 mint leaves, chopped
handful of dry roasted peanuts, crushed

Place cilantro, garlic, jalapeno, soy sauce, lime juice, honey and sesame oil in a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth, scraping the sides as needed.  Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired.

Toss together the pasta, carrots, cucumber, cabbage and mint leaves.  Add the dressing and toss to coat.  Place on a serving platter and sprinkle with the crushed peanuts.  Serve at room temperature. Print Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.