Thursday, August 31, 2017

Feeling Thankful on a Thursday and the Weekly Menu, early for a change......

My husband, Frank, went into the hospital yesterday for a heart cath.  He had 2 stents put in a couple of years ago after this vacation when we noticed that he got very breathless with very little exertion.

While on our Alaskan Cruise a couple of weeks ago we again noticed that he was getting breathlesss
without sufficient reason.  I urged him to call the cardiologist when we got home and they scheduled him for a stress test which resulted in yesterday's heart cath.  They found another blockage in the same area as the first two stents but lower in the artery.  Another stent was installed and he spent the night in the hospital.

He is being released this morning and will have no physical restrictions so we will be able to start a walking program in earnest and hopefully prevent this from recurring.


This makes me very happy because I really like having this goofy guy in my life.  Here he is getting ready to join Lili and Spencer in the hot tub last Friday.  

I was scheduled to have a DoTerra Oil party this Saturday but, since I wasn't home to prepare and only 2 of my friends were available, I have canceled it.  Amy is having a party next month and my group will be invited to hers.

Saturday Pierre and Nicole will have a booth at the art fair in a neighboring town so perhaps we will stroll around there before Mass on Saturday night.  After Mass, we will walk across to the river where our little town is also hosting an art fair.

Sunday we are picking up Lili at her dorm and going to spend the morning at Eastern Market, a large farmer's market in the City of Detroit.  I think we are going to love having our Lilibug only an hour away as opposed to the 5 hours to get up north to see her.

Monday is Labor Day.  We don't have any plans as of yet but if the weather warms up we will probably hang out around the pool.  If the weather doesn't warm up we may be closing up the pool.

On Wednesday, late afternoon, Frank is having a refresher course for our friend, Fr. Slaten and his friend, Fr. White.  They will join us for dinner after the class.

Thursday, I am meeting my friend, Sue, for lunch.  It has been far too long since we have gotten together. Thursday night choir practice begins again for the year.

So that's my upcoming week....hope yours is just as pleasant.  You will find our Weekly Menu below. What's on your menu this week?

Saturday
Pork with Pears
Walnut Wild Rice
Roasted Brussels Sprouts

Sunday
Hamburger and Cabbage Casserole

Meatless Monday
Kale and White Bean Stew

Tuesday
Pork Chop Suey
Steamed Brown Rice

Wednesday-CPL Class
Braised Beef Shank Gremolata
Buttered Egg Noodles
Steamed Broccoli
Honey Chia Seed Pudding

Thursday
Leftovers

Fish Friday
Cod with Lentils


3 comments:

  1. I hope Frank gets to feeling better and this cath works well for a loooong time <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the stents will do the job for him!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.