Thursday, February 15, 2018

Chinese New Year 2018 Menu and an extended Weekly Menu

We arrived home from California late last night.  It was a wonderful whirlwind of a week.  We spent a lot of time with family and friends.


We spent time with our great nieces and nephews as often as we could.  We visited Avila Beach, San Simeon, and Morro Bay.  We went to wineries, restaurants and parks.  We walked every morning and had dinner with family and friends each evening.  It was a wonderful time and I look forward to returning next year.

But, as is always the case, I am very happy to be home.  I missed my dogs.  I missed my bed.  Most of all I missed my kids and my Little Miss Melody.

So we are getting right back into the swing of things.  Yesterday was Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent.  We have choir practice tonight and will be spending the next month preparing for our Triduum.

Tomorrow will be spent shopping for Chinese New Year that we will be celebrating on Sunday.  Saturday will be spent prepping for our party and our Angel Face will be spending the night with us.

Sunday is the big day.....Here is what we will be serving up this year:

Appetizers

Chun Juan
(Spring Rolls)

Siu Mai
(Dumplings)

Soup

Bok Choy Gai See Tong
 (Bok Choy and Shredded Chicken Soup)

Entrée

Jo Moh Sang Yat Gai
(Grandmother's Birthday Chicken)

Char Siu
(Barbecued Pork)

Ji Geung Lo Mein
(Noodles with Young Ginger)

Dessert

Hua Sheng Bing
(Chinese Peanut Cookies)

Next week is pretty quiet.  I am sharing the extended Weekly Menu today.  Please stop by each day as I share photos, recipes and snippets of our life.

Thursday
Irish Beef Stew
Colcannon

Fish Friday
Fish Fry at Church

Saturday
Pasta with Classic Ragu

Sunday-Chinese New Year Celebration
See above Menu

Meatless Monday
Gnocchi

Toddler Tuesday
Leftovers

Wednesday
Dinner out after returning Melody

Thursday
Meatloaf
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Steamed Green Beans

Fish Friday
Crab Cakes
French Fries
Salad





4 comments:

  1. That's so cool that you are celebrating Chinese New Year! I didn't know it was in the middle of February. I forgot to give something up! I haven't done that in years because I always forget... I think I'll try to do something nice every day or at least once I week since I don't know what I would give up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doing something nice each day is much better than giving something up. Kudos to you.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.